Program Description: Wind Turbine Technicians perform maintenance, repair, diagnosis, and adjustments on wind turbine equipment. Students will gain introductory knowledge on resolving electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic malfunctions in the various systems of a wind turbine. Students will also learn the required safety standards for working on-site with an emphasis on fall protection, at-height rescue, first aid, and electrical safety. They will learn procedures involving record keeping, creating reports, and submitting documentation pertinent to the job. Testing systems, component repair, and troubleshooting equipment are core requirements to the student’s hands-on competencies where they will utilize hand and power tools to perform simulated turbine work.
Wind Turbine Technician
Wind Turbine Technician – 240 Clock Hours
21WT-1 / Introduction to the Wind Turbine Industry
21WT-2 / Introduction to Hand and Power Tools
21WT-3 / Basic AC/DC Electrical Theory
21WT-4 / Mechanical and Hydraulic Theory
21WT-5 / Maintenance of Wind Turbine Equipment
21WT-6 / Commissioning New Turbines
21WT-7 / Major Wind Turbine Repair and Replacement
21WT-8 / Job Safety and Hazard Analysis
21WT-9 / Introduction to Fiber in Wind Farms
21WT-10 / Fundamentals of Reading Schematics and Troubleshooting
21WT-11 / Fundamentals of Web Applications
21WT-12 / Comprehensive Fall Protection and Rescue Training
21WT-13 / Bolting Theory
21WT-14 / Rigging Methodologies
21WT-15 / At Height Work Safety Standards and Regulations
21WT-16 / Uses of Ropes and Knots for at Height Work
21WT-17 / Troubleshooting and Testing Wind Turbine Components
21WT-18 / Electrical Measuring Safety
- Candidates should be over 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- A high school Diploma or GED.
- Candidate Must be willing to travel out of market/state (50% travel minimum)
- Candidate Must be able to pass background, driving record, and drug testing
- Candidate Must be Fit for Duty (Carry 50-75 lbs.)
- Candidate should have no Fear of Heights. (Work is conducted 150-500 feet in the air)
- Basic mechanical skill is a plus
- Ability to work in the outdoor elements (Summer, Winter)
- Candidate must be under 225 lbs.
Cost of books are included in the tuition cost.
The total cost of the program is $16,100.
The duration of this course is 240 hours.
You will receive a DIPLOMA in Wind Turbine Technician.
No announcements at this moment.
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review