This Wireless Technician program readies an individual for work as a Wireless, Small Cell or Civil Technician in the Wireless industry. We combine all necessary elements in this TIRAP pre-apprenticeship approved curriculum for a well rounded education. Students will learn the base knowledge areas specific to Wireless, Small Cell and Civil work including:
- Safety Training and Certification
- Industry Knowledge Fundamentals
- Technical Skills through Hands on Competency training
- Operation of Machines, Equipment, Tools and Software
- Operation of Motor Vehicles and Equipment
Once completed in the specified knowledge areas, students perform hands on competency checks to verify transfer of knowledge. Through lecture, e-learning and hands on practice, students will be ready to begin work in any of the three main focus areas: Wireless, Small Cell and Civil.
Wireless Technician Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Technicians in the industry perform these corresponding types of work and have these responsibilities:
- Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
- Work with coaxial and fiber optic cable
- Perform form setting and site layout.
- Safely operate heavy machinery for compaction and welding etc.
- Perform basic concrete carpentry.
- Prepare materials for daily projects, preps truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
- Daily reports and vehicle reports
- Proper equipment label & assembly
- Proper Photos and documentation
- Proper load securing for pick-up and delivery
- Proper & safe use of forklift o Material handling & storage
- Equipment power and signal connections
- Warehouse Storage & organization
- Equipment grounding
- Operate all hand and power tools
Safety Training and Certification
Industry Knowledge Fundamentals
Operate Vehicles and Equipment
Programs becomes TIRAP Pre-Apprenticeship approved.